While in San Diego for Comic Con Veronica Roth and director Neil Burger sat down with Collider and talked Divergent, , filming in Chicago, what they collect and more.
Thanks to Collider we know the exact spot of wear they talk about each thing. Check out the video below:
- Burger says he was told as they began shooting that they were coming to Comic-Con, which created a rush to shoot and edit footage for the Comic-Con reel.
- 1:45 – Talk about their collaboration process.
- 3:00 – Burger wanted to shoot in Chicago because the book is set there and use the “grandness of Chicago” to distinguishDivergent from other futuristic tentpoles.
- 4:30 – Roth doesn’t much collect, but she is a Potterhead. Burger collects photographs and “weird videos.”
- 5:30 – Burger is attracted to Roth’s universal story and liked creating this future world.
- 7:00 – Roth likes Burger’s strong visual sense and was a fan of Burger’s previous films The Illusionist and Limitless.
- 7:30 – Divergent will be converted to IMAX, but Berger says they shot with IMAX in mind to highlight the scale of the Chicago landscape.
You can see Divergent in theaters on March 21, 2013.