Dauntless was a faction formed by those who blamed cowardice for society’s problems. The only answer is to face your fears and find bravery.
Core Belief: “Freedom from fear.”
Traits: Bravery, courage, fighting and physical skills.
Dauntless always dress in black. The women wear skin-tight pants, tights, tight dresses, and black boots and shoes. The men wear black pants and form-fitting shirts. Dauntless like to tattoo and pierce their bodies. Girls might wear dark eyeliner and makeup. They might also dye their hair unusual colors.
“We believe that cowardice is to blame for the world’s injustices. We believe that peace is hard-won, that sometimes it is necessary to fight for peace.
But more than that:
- We believe that justice is more important than peace.
- We believe in freedom from fear, in denying fear the power to influence our decisions.
- We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.
- We believe in acknowledging fear and the extent to which it rules us.
- We believe in facing that fear no matter what the cost to our comfort, our happiness, or even our sanity.
- We believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves.
- We believe, not just in bold words but in bold deeds to match them.
- We believe that pain and death are better than cowardice and inaction because we believe in action.
- We do not believe in living comfortable lives.
- We do not believe that silence is useful.
- We do not believe in good manners.
- We do not believe in empty heads, empty mouths, or empty hands.
- We do not believe that learning to master violence encourages unnecessary violence.
- We do not believe that we should be allowed to stand idly by.
- We do not believe that any other virtue is more important than bravery.”